We went to Amsterdam in January. It was cold and snowing and beautiful. Highlights include but were not limited to:
– Albert Heijn steamed meals
– Bicycles in the snow! Possibly not as relaxing as cycling sans snow but, you know, it was an experience.
– Larissa’s lovely flatmates and friends
– Brouwerij ‘T IJ. We passed on Heineken because it’s awful and instead opted for this little brewery in a former bathing house. It was attached to a windmill, the IPA was stellar.
– Hotel Droog for lunch
– Watching a man descend a flight of stairs backwards in a wheelchair at a nightclub. Intentionally.